Forum re-organization

Important announcements and news regarding the Avant forums are posted here. Be sure to read the Rules before posting anywhere on the forums. Frequently Asked Avant Questions are also available here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Forum re-organization

Post by hornakapopolis » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:21 pm

We are going to be re-organizing the forum for the release of 11.0. Our goal is to have all of our main threads focus on Version 11 with all previous posts being moved to our Old Topics forum. (There will most likely be a new forum specifically for older version assistance.)

During this process, we might re-work/re-organize/ or just scrutinize the Master Request/Suggestion List. I'm thinking the easiest way to do this is to move everything and then move it back thread by thread. I wanted to mention this here so that no one would freak out and say, "What?! I have to request my stuff all over again!"

Actually, strike that, I mean that I wanted to mention it here so that when someone says, "What?! I have to request my stuff all over again!", we can point them to this thread. ;)

So, expect some changes in the near future. My goal is to have this done before the release of 11.0 final, with some tweaking afterward.

Dreamer
Avantic Deluxe
Avantic Deluxe
Windows Version: 10 64-bit
Avant Version: 2018 Build 7 USB
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11.51.14393.0
Skin: Dream

Post by Dreamer » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:56 pm

Maybe we could start now - this topic could help, if more users add links to features that are still not in AB11, then 'we' (you) could move all these topics back at once.

Or we could start similar topic, with "Still missing in AB 11" list only.

What do you think?
Dreamer

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:30 am

As I hope you've noticed, we have changed things around a little. I hope it's all self-explanatory, but if you're used to the old setup, here's a quick overview of how things are organized.

Help - Questions regarding Version 11. If someone posts a bug report caused by a feature they're unfamiliar with or a setting they don't know about, it should be moved here.

Resolved Issues - Once a bug is corrected or the original poster acknowledges that whatever was suggested worked, bug reports & help posts will be moved here.

Old Version Help - If you're not using Version 11, please post your questions here.

Unconfirmed Bugs - This is basically the old Bug Reports forum. Once a few people can verify the bug you're posting, it will be moved to Confirmed Reports.

Confirmed Reports - Only staff can post in this forum. This is where bugs that have been confirmed by different users can be found.

Requests - The same as before. Expect up to start the organization of this forum (that I mentioned above) sometime rather soon.

Discussion - Chitty chatty about Avanty

Don't forget that, when searching, you can choose the category and forum to search in. Hopefully, this re-organization will make that ability much more useful.

We'll be doing our best to keep things organized, so don't be surprised if we're locking more posts than we have in the past. If no one, especially Anderson, can find anything, there's no point in this place being here in the first place.