Avant Browser 2010 Build 8 problems loading web images

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

rgw
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: Avant Browser 2010 8
IE Version: 8

Avant Browser 2010 Build 8 problems loading web images

Post by rgw » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:28 pm

I've been trying the new version of Avant. in fact all of the 2010 versions have the same problem.
they all don't load the images on facebook. some images and photos load and some don't and it seems to be random. sometimes they work sometimes they don't.

It would be nice if you could check out this problem and make some changes to your version of Avant. as of now I still use the older version 11.5 build 21 which works the best and has no problem at all loading images and it's fast. I have some experience working on computers so this is not a system problem. I have XP SP3 and IE 8.

thanks..........RGW

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Re: Avant Browser 2010 Build 8 problems loading web images

Post by kudos » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Try changing rendering mode: Tools >> Rendering Mode >> IE8 Standards Mode (Forced)
Also try the pages with the Ad Blocker off (Tools Menu).

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

rgw
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: Avant Browser 2010 8
IE Version: 8

Re: Avant Browser 2010 Build 8 problems loading web images

Post by rgw » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:24 am

rendering did nothing. turning off the ad blocker seemed to help. I tried to put exceptions in the ad blocker for facebook but nothing worked. it's unfortunate that I have to fool with it, when your older version works great without doing any special set up. and I am not going to run it without the ad blocker. that's one of the reasons I like the program.

and by the way, one time it doesn't show all the images and I hit the refresh button then they show, and the next time they won't. it doesn't sound like just a setting problem. this is a glitch in the program.

but thanks for the effort to try and help me fix it. unless you can suggest something else or fix the bug in the program, I'll have to stay with the older version.

RGW