Two Avant Browser Windows?

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

victoryofjiffy
Windows Version: windows 7
Avant Version: 8
IE Version: 7

Two Avant Browser Windows?

Post by victoryofjiffy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi,

I downloaded the Avant 8 yesterday. However, when I openned one, and tried another time and I have two avant windows. Further, I also have a new green (not blue)avant Button from Start menu marked as "Private Mode". I don't know how that happened? How to make it only one window and further should I keep the "private mode" green Avant to start as well?

Thanks,

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Re: Two Avant Browser Windows?

Post by bigC » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:21 pm

You should have both a blue and green icon. If you use the green one, Avant will start in private mode and no history, temp files, or cookies will be saved during the session. Its just a new feature some people have requsted. The blue one opens AB normally.

As for your issue, are you saying you click the icon once but 2 instances of Avant open?

victoryofjiffy
Windows Version: windows 7
Avant Version: 8
IE Version: 7

Post by victoryofjiffy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Thank you for your answer, bigC. For the two avant windows, I think I clicked twice. But the avant in the past always showed up the same one once it was openned, no matter how many times I clicked. Well, the issue disappeared after I closed both and reopenned one.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Hey bud back up your passwords and your faves save to a disk indepened from your puter remove that version and renstall it or what ever version you want to. :)