GMAIL Contacts

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

dannyensign1950
Windows Version: Window 7
Avant Version: Avant 2010 build 8
IE Version: IE 8

GMAIL Contacts

Post by dannyensign1950 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:20 am

When I try and look at my Contacts in GMAIL I get a blank screen. If I go to print the contact list they all show up and when I start a email and start to type in an address the contact shows up. I start IE 8 and went to GMAIL and they are there. Also how check for sure which version of IE I am using and how do I change the IE version?

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Re: GMAIL Contacts

Post by Jasmine » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:52 am

Are you still using 11.7 build 46? I tested no problem with 2010 on windows 7.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

dannyensign1950

Post by dannyensign1950 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:57 am

Yes I was still using 11.7 build 46 - downloaded 2010 Build 8 and it shows my contacts - thanks for the support

dannyensign1950

Post by dannyensign1950 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:28 am

I spoke to soon - I file out that I was in IE7 mode and thing work great. However if I use IE 8 Standard Mode I do not see any contacts. If I use IE 8 Forced - I see contacts but can not see more then one page of contacts. No slide bar available to see remaining contacts. So I am going to use IE7 only at this time.

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:35 am

dannyensign1950 wrote:I spoke to soon - I file out that I was in IE7 mode and thing work great. However if I use IE 8 Standard Mode I do not see any contacts. If I use IE 8 Forced - I see contacts but can not see more then one page of contacts. No slide bar available to see remaining contacts. So I am going to use IE7 only at this time.
Yes. That's also one reason why rendering mode submenu is added into this new version.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com