Avant freezes and crashes Multiple Avant.exe and ybrowser

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Aurihazuma
Avant Version:

Avant freezes and crashes Multiple Avant.exe and ybrowser

Post by Aurihazuma » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Avant 2012 Ultimate build 176 (IE9 Rendering Engine used)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Intel P4 3.4 GHz
6GB RAM
Nvidia GTS 450 1GB

Salutations Avant team,

I ahve always loved this browser and been a patron of many years helping to spread this wonderful interface around the world, but the recent changes have generated some wierd results.. To Whit.. as many as 14 or more instances of " avant.exe *32 " and as many as 80 or more " ybrowser.exe " listings after quite some time of browsing.. I notice this overflow after pages begin to refuse to load and sometimes go to the now becoming famous " Purple screen of browser death (PSOBD). "
My normal process load after boot is 88 processes, but after Avant runs for a while that number can be in excess of 149 processes.... This is a terrible overuse of the CPU and memory.. Avant never used to list more than one avant.exe *32 and I do say you all should return to this other way of programming if it cannot be resolved.

These instances described above do not like to go away from the taskmanager for a long time and also cause my CPU usage to go to 100% and stay there until I actually End Task on the whole mess.. They start to cxlose on their own by the time I get all but 2 instances of " avant.exe 832 " removed from the task list.. This occures with every use of the browser now and just takes time to build up that high.

I would liek to keep using this browser, but this design problem is very serious.. It has made Avant the slowest browser on my otherwise still quite decent PC.. Can't stand Firefox or Chrome and now Opera does nto work with Roboform..

I saw a post called " Avant keeps getting slower and slower " and read up on converting back to the lite version and wonder if this would help my problem.. I have a lot of folks on my end using avant and all of them notice the same issue.. What do we do about the matter please??? It is most irritating to have to use a different browser.. Avant has been and is.. still my favorite choice.

Thank you for your time and assistance in this matter..

Namaste...

Aurih.

AbelAbel
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: win7
Avant Version: 2012 beta 8
IE Version: ie9

Re: Avant freezes and crashes Multiple Avant.exe and ybrowse

Post by AbelAbel » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:50 am

How many pages do you have and how long have you kept avant opened when there are 14 avant.exe and 90 ybrowser.exe?
Have you tried uninstall Avant completely and then reinstall it?

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:25 am

Aurihazuma wrote: I have a lot of folks on my end using avant and all of them notice the same issue..
Aurih.
Many of your acquaintances using the ie rendering mode(lite version) have encountered the same problem? We will pay more attention to the test on it. By the way, have you used the tri-core version? What's the impression that firefox rendering mode gives you? In my opinion, the firefox rendering mode is still the most usable engine comparing with the others. The most posting problems over it is partly because they use firefox engine most often so that almost most bugs are about it, besides, the last version of firefox(firefox 13) has a serious conflict between flash plugin, that brought part of the complaints as well. Of course, I'm not intending to make excuses for other existing problems regarding firefox.exe crashing ,which haven't been confirmed by us yet in avant browser firefox rendering mode.Since firefox is the most used engine by the most, it should have its advantages. Before the bug in ie rendering engine gets effectively fixed, you can give it a try.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Aurihazuma
Avant Version:

Post by Aurihazuma » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:34 am

Thank you for the response.

I tend to use the ultimate release with the IE rendering engine set for IE9 Standard, as do most of the folk I know who use it. The problem occures after I have opened and closed many pages over time ( i.e. 5-6 hrs or more of operation ). I have indeed tried a complete uninstall and reinstall of the product with still the same results. Only one user currently in touch with me has reported the same error. Her exact words to me before I checked her system were, " I noticed that I can't open too many pages on avant over time before it locks up on me " so I checked her system and she had 3 listings of " avant.exe*32 " and approximately 7 or 8 listings of " ybrowser.exe " that would also not go away and had to have their processes ended manually. I tend to do a lot of research for my archival projects so avant may be open all day and this is whty the number of listings is so high for me.. Testing the Mozilla interface fro you will require seperate examinations.. I will do this presently and get back with you after a day or two of testing.

Thank you again for all of your efforts with this wonderful tool.. I personally feel that Avant is one of the the most " Complete " browsers onthe market... offering a lovely blend of the best features from all of the browsers in one. I went agead and updated to the Tri-core build 177 so let's also see what happens there..

Namaste...

Aurih.

Aurihazuma
Avant Version:

Post by Aurihazuma » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:30 pm

I tested the mozilla engine for a while and it seems to be relatively ok, but it does nto work with my roboform. The plugin is also not quite working in opera so I kind of hung out to dry.

I left Avant open after I went to bed and found this morning that there were 5 references to " avant.exe *32 " and 84 references to " ybrowser.exe *32 " int he task manager.. I had to end task on all avant.exes listed and still had to manually end task on most of the ybrowser.exe listings to get them to go away.. Again though.. the Mozilla side seems to be ok except for not working with roboform even though the browser helper object is active in the add-ons page. I will try activating the toolbar helper as well.. to see if that causes it to work.

Aurihazuma
Avant Version:

Post by Aurihazuma » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Well I would have edited my last post but it didn't let me so here goes..

Addendum: Turning on the toolbar for roboform worked in mozilla, but I had to go to addons/extentions to enable it and then POOF! it was back. ybrowse.exe is nowhere to be seen.. I will give this a run for a day or two to see what happens.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Post by xiaobing » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:50 am

Yea,use roboform under firefox engine,you should go to Tools>Mozilla firefox>add-ons>extensions>enable roboform there. If you cannot see the toolbar, then right click a page>show roboform toolbar.
I left Avant open after I went to bed and found this morning that there were 5 references to " avant.exe *32 " and 84 references to " ybrowser.exe *32 " int he task manager..
How many tabs did you open when you left Avant? You put your computer in sleep mode?

Aurihazuma
Avant Version:

Post by Aurihazuma » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:02 am

I had 5 tabs when I left the computer ( not in sleep mode ) for the night.

The mozilla engine is ok, but it's horrid problem with memory leaks causes some difficulty.. I'd love to go back to the IE engine asap. Can't even save a page as an MHT with Mozilla * sighs *

Here's hoping.. and thanks for the help.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Aurihazuma wrote:I had 5 tabs when I left the computer ( not in sleep mode ) for the night.

The mozilla engine is ok, but it's horrid problem with memory leaks causes some difficulty.. I'd love to go back to the IE engine asap. Can't even save a page as an MHT with Mozilla * sighs *

Here's hoping.. and thanks for the help.
Mozilla is claiming to have finally solved the memory problems in Firefox 15, which is in beta and will be rolled into Avant when it's released.

Also, there is a program called Firemin that does a good job of controlling the Firefox engine's memory usage. You can download it at http://www.datum-forensics.com/2012/05/firemin/.

Regarding the ability to save as MHT, check into the Mozilla Archive Format extension at http://maf.mozdev.org/. It works well and seamlessly merges the ability to save as MHT into Firefox in Avant.

I started using the Firefox engine back when there were two separate browsers from Avant -- Avant and Orca. Avant 2012 Ultimate replaces both the earlier versions of Avant and Orca. I use the firefox engine almost exclusively in Avant now and feel crippled when I have to use the IE engine.

Aurihazuma
Avant Version:

Post by Aurihazuma » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:42 pm

Thank you very much for the suggestions.. I have always used the IE engine in avant because it seamlessly integrates with all of my addons like orbit and so on.. but the excess ybrowser.exe listings is worse than annoying.. Mozilla's engine seems to be working decently, but now orbit downloader no longer works.... any suggestions?? I have already installed the mht addon and will try the other tool presently.. TYVVM..

Namaste...

Aurih.

p.s. the avant downloader is working well, but I still prefer orbit's interface these days.. I'm just glad they put it back into avant so it catches things while I can't get orbit to work at this time with the mozilla engine.

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:48 am

Aurihazuma wrote:I'd love to go back to the IE engine asap. Can't even save a page as an MHT with Mozilla * sighs *
The firefox extension UnMHT can save a webpage as mht format. Right click on the page which you want to save, choose "Save as MHT"
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Aurihazuma wrote:Thank you very much for the suggestions.. I have always used the IE engine in avant because it seamlessly integrates with all of my addons like orbit and so on.. but the excess ybrowser.exe listings is worse than annoying.. Mozilla's engine seems to be working decently, but now orbit downloader no longer works.... any suggestions?? I have already installed the mht addon and will try the other tool presently.. TYVVM..

p.s. the avant downloader is working well, but I still prefer orbit's interface these days.. I'm just glad they put it back into avant so it catches things while I can't get orbit to work at this time with the mozilla engine.
Try installing the FlashGot extension (http://flashgot.net/). It's a download manager in which you can specify which downloader to use, including Orbit. It will probably resolve the problem you're having with Orbit and Firefox in Avant.

Aurihazuma
Avant Version:

Post by Aurihazuma » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:00 am

Thank you.. that helps for now though I'd still prefer to have my IE engine back... and look forward to later releases of Avant to solve the above issues.. Thanks again..

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:47 am

Could you check whether the problem is fixed in avant browser 2012 build 180?

Aurihazuma
Avant Version:

Post by Aurihazuma » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:16 pm

I have been testing build 180 rather thoroughly and am very pleased to report that everything seems to be back to normal, in fact... it is a bit faster than the version before this problem occured in the first place.. Thank Heavens! I do believe you all found it. I want to do a bit more testing before I can say with satisfaction that it is truely fixed, but so far only 2 ybrowser.exe *32 listings no matter the pages open and only one avant.exe *32..

Will let you all know.. Thanks again and Namaste...

Aurih.

Aurihazuma
Avant Version:

Post by Aurihazuma » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:07 am

Ok.. I have given Build 180 some thorough testing and find that the IE engine is still producing 7 instances of ybrowser.exe*32 after an entire day of work, buit I am no longer seeing multiple avant.exe*32 instances.. This is definitely improvement, but still a bit of a problem that they are not closing until I exit avant. I make additional note that I have been leaving only a few pages open.. three to be exact. Build 180 is significantly faster under the IE9 setting now, and closes out the multiple instances quickly.. It seems to keep only 2 instances of ybrowser.exe*32 for a while before producing duplicates.. so definitely the right direction.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:35 am

When you updated to version 180 did you completly uninstall avant just updateing sometimes causes little glitches.It is best to do a fresh install and the same if you would like to try the lite version ofcoarse that does not have the web kit but give the total uninstall of avant and install what ever version you like .please let us know if that fixes it or if you already did. That it does usealy fix things.make sure you have your bookmarks backed up. :)

Aurihazuma
Avant Version:

Post by Aurihazuma » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:33 am

My apologies for taking so long to get back with you.. IRL gets busy at times.

I did the uninstall and reinstall of the browser as suggested.. It seems worse now.. 4 pages loading at startup generated 3 avant.exe's that I assess is somewhat normal with this model and 2 ybrowser.exe's. the avant.exe's thinned after a bit to 1 listing and the ybrowser did not overload...

Previous shutdown had 9 pages open with 12 avant.exe's remaining and 16 ybrowser.exe's listing.. the avant.exe's went away one by one, but very very slowly, and the ybrowser.exe listings had to be manually closed by an end task command.. * sighs * This happened after a bit longer use than before, but it is still prevalent.

Both operations listed above are with build 180..

Namaste...

Aurih.

Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A

Post by Tinman57 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:24 am

Using IE rendering, the more tabs you have open the more ybrowsers there will be. As for the Avant.exe, I normally only have 1 running at any given time until I exit, and then another Avant.exe will pop up to save settings and then exit.
You may want to try unloading all of your plug-ins and see if the problem still exist. If that solves the problem, then start enabling your plug-ins one at a time until the problem starts again to find out which one is the offending plug-in.
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:06 am

Try Tinman57's suggestion.
Besides, are you sure when you uninstall avant browser, the old avant browser folder is totally removed without any files left? Please check. As you mentioned before that some avant.exe and ybrowser.exe have to be manully ended in the task manager, if there left any process, uninstall program can't remove thoroughly those files in the disk.