Help! I lose all my autofill! Why?

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

keymatrix
Windows Version: Windows 7 64-bit
Avant Version: Ultimate 2016 build 17
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE 11
Skin: Xito

Help! I lose all my autofill! Why?

Post by keymatrix » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi! All my passwords are stored on a server Avant and I enjoyed this wonderful service! But today was terrible! The browser tells me that maybe changed my password and requested a re-authorization! I have not changed your password and did not make any changes! I entered my password, but the browser told me that this user with this password does not exist! It's horrible! All my passwords Avant remained on the server, and I can not use them! Mail, PayPal, online shopping, banks ... What happened? What should I do?? I tried to register again with the same data, but the browser says that there is no connection to the server! But my internet works great! Not only that ... in desperation I tried to make autocomplete on a new post ... and again, I wrote that there is no connection! What is going on??
Attachments
2017-01-08_19-17-27.png
2017-01-08_19-18-26.png

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Re: Help! I lose all my autofill! Why?

Post by hornakapopolis » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:22 pm

xiaobing is going to be the only one that can help you with this. So, just hold off until you hear from them.

Part of what you said almost sounds like the online server might be down? I'm not sure. I don't use online storage.

Regardless, when/if everything is back to the way you want it... please go to Menu -> Tools -> Backup / Restore Profiles or get a backup of some kind. Situations like this are kind of like having one key for your car and then calling the dealer once you've lost it.

dellockmd
Windows Version: Windows 10 64-bit
Avant Version: Ultimate 2016 build 17
IE Version: 11.0.14393.576
Skin: default

Post by dellockmd » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:32 pm

I am getting same issue. In the past it was related to the Online Storage Server being offline.
Is there an ADMIN online that can confirm the status of the Online Storage Server?

PowerLamer
Windows Version: Windows 7 64-bit
Avant Version: Ultimate 2016 buid 12
Default engine: chrome
Skin: Opal Glass

Post by PowerLamer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:38 pm

I have the same problem - autofilling doesn't work. It began today, and I don't understand why my account doesn't remember my data.
The example with one key for the car looks witty, but isn't cheerful. The server really lost data and they can't be restored?

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:22 pm

PowerLamer wrote:The example with one key for the car looks witty, but isn't cheerful. The server really lost data and they can't be restored?
I don't believe there's been an issue of data being lost at the online server up to this point. There just seems to be issues with people not being able to access their data when its down, which is probably what is/was going on here. (This post suggests a workaround, although I'm not sure if it works and, in my opinion, a workaround should be either more transparent, easy, or in the case of something like this, done automatically.)

And the point of the key analogy wasn't to be witty, it was to point out that if something is important enough to register somewhere and post, it's worth backing up yourself, too.