Way I DID NOT switch to firefox....yet :)

Discuss Avant Browser. Do not post support requests, bug reports, suggestions for new or improved features, etc. here. Put those in the Help, Bug Reports, and Requests forums, respectively.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

blitzmaster
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x86
Avant Version: 11.7 build 26
IE Version: IE 8

Re: Way I DID NOT switch to firefox....yet :)

Post by blitzmaster » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:21 am

i thought IE7 is written in C# since its MS language. thats only a thought! :D

i still believed that in terms of browsing Avant is the best option. but with regards to other features (security, memory, pop-bup blocking) Opera and Firefox are ahead!
By Any Means Necessary!

statm1
Windows Version: Windows 8/7
Avant Version: 2012 Build 181
IE Version: 10

Post by statm1 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:08 pm

IE is written in either C++ or C#(im leading more towards C++ though). As for Avant, even though its running on Trident(rendering engine used in IE) doesnt mean it can't be written in a different language i.e. Delphi.
-- Matt --

KY Dave
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: XP Home, Pro, Vista, Win 7
Avant Version: 11.7 build 46SR
IE Version: 8.0.7600.3865

Post by KY Dave » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:08 pm

Sara wrote:K Y DAVE--there is one developer, Anderson Che, and a bunch of us users who donate our time to the Forum. Your attitude needs adjusting.
Yes, Sara, I've heard the 'one developer' many times, no need to re-visit that tired tale. It's just an 's' on the word developer. Not a point that needs debating. I know that no one here has done any programming in the Avant code.

But what needs adjusting about an additude of wanting a stable browser that works correctly?
My posts are positive in that aspect.

There's no need to jump on a soap box and defend Avant or the support staff.
KY Dave wrote:The problems aren't getting communicated to the developers and they aren't fixing the problems. Just add more features and don't fix the problem areas is the problem.
Some system of communication of the problems needs to be implemented, NOT one support staff member contacting the developer(s) about a problem for certain individuals as they deem necessary.
KY Dave

Family Blog

Sara
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2015 build 27lite
Default engine: N/A
IE Version: IE 10(64 bit)
Skin: Crystal

Post by Sara » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:25 pm

What needs adjusting is your tone, which, I admit can be misread in a text only setting. As for the communication pattern I couldn't aagree more. You would have to take that up with Anderson as he doesn't seem to pay much attention to us.

Sara :?