Having problems with configuration

Help issues and Bug Reports for the current version that have been corrected can be found here. Only staff members may move threads to this forum.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

campbellal
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Having problems with configuration

Post by campbellal » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:56 pm

I am a newbie with this Avant Browser and have lost 3 hours trying to use this new version on my internet explorer stored favorites and trying to import a cgp file to Avant Browser. I really want to post a bad rating for this software because it is not user friendly and I would not have wasted all this time if I did not think Avant Browser could help my business. Can someone email me campbellaa1 at earthlink dot net to help me get set up. The problems I am having also is that the import is not allowing me to show cgp files just HTML. Very frustrated.

Anthony

Edited e-mail address to prevent bot harvesting. - hornakapopolis

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:06 pm

We'd prefer to post items here on the forum so that everyone could benefit from any bugs that discovered or knowledge that is passed along. My guess is that if you're having troubles, someone else is, too, and they'll never find answers in our e-mail.

I've never tried to import NetCaptor's groups, but if you wouldn't mind sending me the file (hornakapopolis at gmail dot com), I'd see if I'm getting the same error as you. I'm not exactly clear what issues you're having with it, though. Could you explain it again?

If you don't want to use Avant's bookmarks, choose Tools -> Avant Browser Options -> Miscellaneous -> Use IE Favorites as Bookmarks.

campbellal
Avant Version:

Post by campbellal » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:39 pm

Daear Admin:

Sorry for the emotions I displayed but I am stuck with this problem and not sure if I should continue this research, but the software might help my business development. I read other s having similiar problems and you recommended that as a fix Tools -> Avant Browser Options -> Miscellaneous -> Use IE Favorites as Bookmarks. This will place a sub-menu under Bookmarks and return their old "no expanding folders" functionality, if that's how you like it. (Uncheck Bookmarks -> Groups -> Expand Groups). I am not finding the Uncheck Bookmarks--Groups--Expand Groups?? When I click Import the Import wizard shows Import data from --Favorites--bookmarks from mozilla/Firefox--Opera--RSS Feeds from the old version. My complaint is I cannot find file type NetCaptor's groups .cgp in any of the features of this Import Wizard. Please help I am a NEWBIE.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by hornakapopolis » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:14 pm

And I apologize for being so dense, but I still can't seem to figure out exactly what you want to do.

I'm getting the feeling that you haven't used the NetCaptor Browser before. Is this right? If it is, obviously, you won't have any groups. I've never used it either, mainly because the name sounds like a monster and it frightens me, but I wouldn't be able to point you in the direction of where that file is stored.

Personally, I think things aren't as "user friendly" because of this "You can use IE Favorites if you do this, and then Groups will function like this" yada yada yada. You don't mention specifically what your issue is, but I'd recommend ignoring all of the talk of using IE Favorites unless it's an absolute must.

If you don't mind, let's just take this a step at a time.

Are you upgrading from an older Avant? (I'm guessing, "No")

What are you trying to do with Groups?

I'm also going to split this into a thread of its own.

campbellal
Avant Version:

Post by campbellal » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:37 pm

Dear Admin:

This is my last post today cause I am jewish and have to go to church tonight for worship. This is my business development plan for using the Avant Browser to help my traffic generation :

Step 3.
This is by far the most important step in our program, and is the only one that really requires any effort on your part, so take this seriously and put forth some effort and you will start to grow a traffic generating system that will bring you incredible traffic for years to come.. It is your effort in the beginning that will grow your traffic exponentially in the future.

I would recommend in the beginning you surf each exchange at least 30 minutes/day. I am sure many of you are thinking "30 minutes a day x 20 exchanges = 10 hours/day!" But, this can be compressed down by either opening each exchange in a different browser window, or by downloading a tabbed browser such as Avant Browser which is free and allows you to surf many sites at the same time. If you are going to use Avant Browser you can CLICK HERE to download a file that can be imported into the Groups in Avant ( Groups > Import Groups... ), then you can open all of the exchanges at once ( Groups > MegaTraffic > Open All Links in this Group).

I have to import a megatraffic.cgp file into this Avant Browser to build my traffic generation for a traffic system to bring me traffic http://www.megatraffic.org/bm/?download=71407. I hope I can get this resolved and will review your response after ny church worship. This is a free gift I am offering to my visitors at http://www.acampbell-promotions.com/Mak ... index.html.

Have a good Evening.

Anthony Campbell

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: 10, 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX

Post by MysteryFCM » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:40 pm

Bookmarks > Groups > Import Groups

I believe this option is NOT available when using Avant's proprietary bookmarks.

campbellal
Avant Version:

Post by campbellal » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:01 pm

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a BLESSED WEEKEND

Anthony

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MysteryFCM » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:04 pm

You're welcome :)

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by hornakapopolis » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:41 am

Note, though, too, that you can then go back to Avant's bookmarks and use File -> Import to import your 10.2 Avant groups into Avant's current bookmarks system.

Moved to the Resolved forum. - hornakapopolis
Last edited by hornakapopolis on Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:42 am

I've never seen the groups mentioned on the import dialog, even when trying out the ABPB feature ...? :?

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by hornakapopolis » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:51 am

The the in my previous post should have been a then. I fixed it.

I meant that after importing the NetCaptor groups, making them Avant groups, they could then be imported into Avant's new system.

I had forgotten that you kept having problems getting groups to show up as an option in your import menu. Maybe we should start another thread?

Also, have we really been referring to these as the Avant Browser Proprietary Bookmarks enough to warrant the abbreviation? ;)

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:01 am

hehe, I just love abbreviations ;) (not sure why - not like they're any quicker to type, lol)

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by hornakapopolis » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:18 pm

YIKWYM. ASICBHTUIWJCTOOO. ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Although, sometimes it can be hard to understand if we just create them on our own.

It does seem, though, that whatever site is recommending Avant to import NetCaptor groups should be notified that they might now be leading their users down the path to confusion.