Google toolbar not visible

Help issues and Bug Reports for the current version that have been corrected can be found here. Only staff members may move threads to this forum.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

hotrippr
Avant Version:

Re: Google toolbar not visible

Post by hotrippr » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:39 am

Raveydv
Do you notice if "Browse by Name" works with GT enterprise?

Raveydv
Avant Version:

Post by Raveydv » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:24 am

:(

Guess that's a no then Hotripper - can't find 'browse by name' anywhere, I know this is going to bring a newbie a pile of tutting responses, but what is BBN and what does it do?

Btw, AB crashed this morning, just seconds after I clicked a link in my email from the above forum response. Knew I'd peaked too soon. Premature congratulations abound! Oh well, back to the drawing board!

hotrippr
Avant Version:

Post by hotrippr » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:52 pm

Browse by name is under the G-toolbar settings, youll see it. It enables you to just type the name of a website in the address bar without www. or .com. For example if you type in juggworld it will take you directly to the site, without BBN it will take you to your search engine results.

Raveydv
Avant Version:

Post by Raveydv » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:20 pm

Ah - I see, yes it's there in settings and it's ticked to say it's enabled, but clearly I still don't grasp how to use it, cos I just get the drop down of suggestions as I type, then just pick one. If I just type flickr, then hit enter or click green arrow, it doesn't work. Incidentally, what's wrong with typing Google/flickr/whatever, then ctrl+enter? Does the same job even from the earliest IE.

For the record and for anyone who cares - I definitely spoke too soon, cos Avant Browser simply will not run for more than a couple of minutes now without crashing mercilessly, with the ole '..has encountered an error and must close' mularky. Is there anything on here about that anywhere? I suspect it may not like my somewhat flakey ISP connection, because my inet 'drops and picks up' again with monotonous regularity, that is to say there are lots of 'moments' when I am briefly not connected, then it comes back. Other browsers seem to cope, but Avant cannot.

Sadly, after a couple of years of good service we may have to go our separate ways... sob, sob...

hotrippr
Avant Version:

Post by hotrippr » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:32 pm

Hey thanks for the ctrl enter tip! That is exactly what BBN does except you just hit enter.

Strange it is crashing, try to uninstall the g-toolbar and any other skins or extensions. Seems like your isp shouldnt have anything to do with this...but is possible.