All I get is Roboform button...... pls help

Help issues and Bug Reports for the current version that have been corrected can be found here. Only staff members may move threads to this forum.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

munkey
Avant Version:

All I get is Roboform button...... pls help

Post by munkey » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:11 pm

Hi,

Firstly thanks for making AB even better than it was before. I've now managed to convert at least 15 of my mates to it who were getting pretty hacked off with IE. Keep up the good work.

Anyway, back to the title of the post. I'm one of these people who use Roboform and now cannot get the Roboform toolbar to appear at the top of the page amongst the other Toolbars. I have followed the other posts about using 'Tools', 'Avant Browser Options', 'Add-Ons', but all I see is the 'Roboform - IE Button' and the 'Roboform.dll - BHO', I do not see anything related to Toolbar. I have ticked both settings in the 'Add-On' screen and I get a 'Roboform button in the 'Add-On Buttons Toolbar'. I then shutdown & restarted AB however I cannot see in the 'View', 'Toolbars' any option related to showing the Roboform Toolbar.

I even did as suggested in one of the other posts which was, after setting the settings in 'Add-Ons' to re-install the latest Roboform from their website. This still does not give me the option in 'View', 'Toolbars', or bring me up the Toolbar amongst the others.

I'm running the latest AB (Version 11.0 build 8) and Roboform 6.7.9.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I cannot post a screen shot yet, as this is my first post.

Cheers
Steve.

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8

Post by abfan123 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:22 pm

Hello,
Please try to update to the latest build.
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

munkey
Avant Version:

Post by munkey » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:30 pm

Thanks abfan123, will try that now. Apologies, hadn't realised that AB had moved on so soon. Will let you know how I get on. Will also try installing the Roboform Plugin mentioned on the 'Download' page. Even though I already have Roboform and had it working fine with the previous (pre 11.x) releases of AB, it's work a crack.

munkey
Avant Version:

Re: All I get is Roboform button...... pls help

Post by munkey » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:37 pm

Ok, tried that & it worked a treat. The 'IE Toolbar' options now show when going to 'Tools', 'Avant Browser Options', 'Add-Ons'.

Thanks soo much. You're a star - =D>

Moved to the Resolved forum. - hornakapopolis