Minimize to tray [close] option

Help issues and Bug Reports for the current version that have been corrected can be found here. Only staff members may move threads to this forum.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

hotrippr
Avant Version:

Minimize to tray [close] option

Post by hotrippr » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:43 am

AB does not minimize to tray when clicking the close button. What am I doing wrong? It works with the minimize button but not with the close button. When I click the close button it just closes all of the tabs till I have a blank page. Under tools avant options tray icon I have all boxes checked. Using AB11 b10

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:34 pm

Are you sure you're clicking Avant's "x" to close and not the tabs'?

If you're in full screen or full desktop mode, you won't see the title bar and you'll be clicking in Avant's System Bar. Try pressing F11. If nothing happens, press F11 again.

hotrippr
Avant Version:

Post by hotrippr » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:15 pm

Yes, I am clicking the X with a box around it. The bigger X will exit avant, so I guess that is not it. The only ones that minimize to tray are the Down Arrow button and the minimize button. And I have the x's on tabs disabled. So am I just misunderstanding avant language" It seems Down Arrow button could be "close" but when I hover my mouse on it it says "hide". But iswear you just said avants "x" was close. Ugghhh I am getting confused. Yes I pressed f11 and it put it in desktop mode, so I can confirm I am not in desktop or full screen mode.

To me it is phine to use the arrow to close, but it is for my wife and other older people, they tend to get more confused than I, if you could think was possible, lol.

Also I have a button on my mouse that is mapped as "F4" whicjh is "close" in windows. This does work, it is minimizing to tray(not exit), and it is also closing the browser when I disable tray, I know it is not "hiding" because when I reopen AB I see the splash screen. I just cant figure out where the X is that functions as the F4 close.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:09 pm

Okay... well part of the problem now is that I read your first post wrong and, I think, completely mislead you.

If you're seeing the "Hide" button, it means you're in Compact Mode, which has an "Exit" button, not a "Close" button.

Unchecking View -> Compact Style, will return you to normal view where you will have the "Close" button, which will minimize to tray if that is how you have the option set.

Also, the arrow/"Hide" doesn't close, it simply removes most visible traces of Avant running. The program itself is still running.

hotrippr
Avant Version:

Re: Minimize to tray [close] option

Post by hotrippr » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:34 pm

Thank you very much, that solved it.

Moved to the Resolved forum. - hornakapopolis