best way to use 2 accounts on the same pc even without pwd?

Help issues and Bug Reports for the current version that have been corrected can be found here. Only staff members may move threads to this forum.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

paokun
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

best way to use 2 accounts on the same pc even without pwd?

Post by paokun » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:43 pm

hi,
i just wanted to ask which is the best way to use avant with two different accounts on the same pc. it's just me and my bro so we dont care about setting up a password, we just would like to have two avant with the same options but with different favourites.

do we have to create two accounts for the online storage? if we create two accounts but we dont wanna upload our favourites, can we still add favourites that would be stored locally? to do so do we have just to uncheck the "favourites online storage" option? or if i uncheck it all the favourites will be gone?

thanks for any help :)

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: 10, 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX

Post by MysteryFCM » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:58 pm

Just check the box to use the IE favourites ;)

paokun
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Post by paokun » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:01 pm

but we are in 2 and using ie favourites means using the same favourites, right?
all we want is starting avant with my username or his username and find different favourites.

edit:
maybe if i uncheck all the online storage (favourites, autofills and rss) it means that i can continue using the favourites and everything but nothing is gonna be stored online? is there a way to see what is stored online in my account?

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:30 pm

I'd just setup two different accounts. Or setup one online account and the other use the local account.

It seems to me that setting up two "online accounts" and then choosing to not store everything online would still work as the info would still be stored under your account's e-mail profile, not the local one. Your settings, however, would still be stored online. That's not an issue, though, is it?

paokun
Fan
Fan
Avant Version:

Re: best way to use 2 accounts on the same pc even without p

Post by paokun » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:33 pm

thanks for the reply, yep no problem at all or even better to have the settings stored online :)

Moved to the Resolved forum. - hornakapopolis