Out of sequence opening order of links

Help issues and Bug Reports for the current version that have been corrected can be found here. Only staff members may move threads to this forum.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

witwald
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Out of sequence opening order of links

Post by witwald » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:35 am

When using the Open All Links in This Folder command, Avant 11.0.12 does not open and put them into tabbed windows in the order in which they appear in the folder.

This is quite different to the way that Avant 10.x and also early versions of Avant 11 handled this.

It would be preferable if all the tabbed windows were opened in the same sequence that they are defined in the folder list.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Re: Out of sequence opening order of links

Post by bigC » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:53 pm

They open in proper order here. Are you using the "open all links" option in the right click menu or the one at the top of each folder?

Are you using the Tools > Avant Browser Options > Miscellaneous > Use IE favorites as bookmarks option?

witwald
Avant Version:

Post by witwald » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:26 pm

I'm using the "open all links" command placed at the top of each folder. However, I also tried it via the right click menu, and the same thing happens.

I'm not using the Use IE favorites as bookmarks option.

Upon closer examination, it looks as if the links in the folder are being opened in reverse order (there are thirteen of them located in this particular folder). i.e. the first one becomes the last tab, the second last one becomes the second tab, and so on.

I have also checked the consistency of this behaviour by manually reversing the order of my collection of links and, lo and behold, they now come out in the order that I want them to! At least I have a workaround for the time being.

witwald
Avant Version:

Post by witwald » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:58 am

I had the opportunity to use the Open All Links in This Folder command using Avant 11.0.12 on another machine. This time it worked OK, with the links being converted to tabbed windows and displayed in the same order as listed. I wish that I knew why my computer seems to have the unusual behaviour.

thelyonsking
Avant Version:

Post by thelyonsking » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:45 am

Do you have the "Create new tab next to current tab" option selected? If so, that will cause this behavior. The tabs are opening in order, but each new one instead opens next to the current, causing the reversal. (I had this problem, too).
In His Grace,

Greg Lyons

Philippians 4:13- For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...

witwald
Avant Version:

Post by witwald » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:35 pm

Greg,

Yes, I have the "Create new tab next to current tab" option selected. As a test, I deselected it, and then the tabs opened in order the listed order.

Many thanks for your help with this little issue I was experiencing. It's nice to now be able to understand what is causing it.

I don't know whether this is a "bug" or a "quirk", but it most surely caused me a bit of consternation. I certainly like the way the "Create new tab next to current tab" option works when opening a link on any given web page in a separate window. Hence, I think that I'll stick to listing the links in bookmarks folders in reverse order just to be able to maintain that capability.

Thanks again for your help.

Moved to the Resolved forum. - hornakapopolis

witwald
Avant Version:

Post by witwald » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:50 am

Just an update. Avant 11.5 seems to have fixed this issue. The tabs to each web site are all opened in the order in which they are defined in the group. That's a nice improvement. Thanks!