Avant stopped working after upgrade

Help issues and Bug Reports for the current version that have been corrected can be found here. Only staff members may move threads to this forum.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

MalcolmN
Avant Version:

Avant stopped working after upgrade

Post by MalcolmN » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:02 am

Quite happy using various web sites through Avant browser until I upgraded to Avant Browser 11.0 build 43, 12.30.2006 then I was unable to connect to any web site. Browser displaying: Action Cancelled. Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.
Tried the following without success:
1. Turned off my firewall
2. Uninstalled Avant and reinstalled an earlier version
3. Reinstalled my BTOpenworld Broadband connection software
My PC operating system is Windows 2000

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:24 pm

Whats your firewall? If its zonealarm, turn it back on... shutting it off does not completly stop it from blocking things. Go into the firewalls allowed program list and remove Avant from the list. Then, start up Avant and answer yes when the firewall prompts you.

MalcolmN
Avant Version:

Re: Avant stopped working after upgrade

Post by MalcolmN » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:46 am

I did delete Avant from my Firewall and opened Avant again but that did not solve the problem. I solved the problem by running a free utility that I have had on my PC for some time called C Cleaner. I just ran it accepting all the defaults and it cleaned out my registry and hard drive of a lot of crap that is no longer required. Now back on line - thanks for your help.

DaveW
Avant Version:

Re: Avant stopped working after upgrade

Post by DaveW » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:17 pm

Thank you for this post. I also experienced exactly the same problem on a work Windows 2000 machine and running Clean Up! solved it for me.