New Tabs Not Receiving Focus in 11.5b8

Help issues and Bug Reports for the current version that have been corrected can be found here. Only staff members may move threads to this forum.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Blitzkrieg
Windows Version: Vista Business SP1
Avant Version: 11.6 b11
IE Version: 8 beta 1

Post by Blitzkrieg » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:10 am

Seems very clunky to me if you follow the same method I am.

1. type in URL on current viewing tab
2. with the mouse, click the drop down arrow on the go button and select 'open in new window'

This how you doing it? I hope in the next release this is address, it was actually disappointing to see the issue wasn't resolved in b9 - it is a rather noticeable and annoying; apparently it's sporadic, perhaps?

Sasquast
Avant Version:

Re: New Tabs Not Receiving Focus in 11.5b8

Post by Sasquast » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:23 pm

I also have this problem after the update of the AB. Accurately as first post of this topic. Config does not have none to repair this problem, I tried. Something was changed in the code of the AB. Perhaps it is not a problem, but the versions oldest did not lose the focus, and this last version loses the focus. I think that of the old form he is better.

For example: I have an opened page, then I hold shift and clico in one link. I configured my AB to open this window in background, this I function. But when an opened page exists, and entao I open a new window, type an address and or ENTER, in the versions oldest did not lose the focus of the new window, and now it loses.

iceshake
Avant Version:

Post by iceshake » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:15 am

oh dear build 9 also has this issue...

Beberik
Windows Version: Windows 7 x86
Avant Version: 2010 b2
IE Version: Internet Explorer 8

Post by Beberik » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:20 pm

This one seems fixed here on 11.5.10. Could anyone confirm?

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:00 pm

Beberik wrote:This one seems fixed here on 11.5.10. Could anyone confirm?
I can.

Moved to Resolved Issues -bigC

saucermote
Avant Version:

Re: New Tabs Not Receiving Focus in 11.5b9

Post by saucermote » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:36 am

This is very similar to the issue posted, however, the desired behavior is a bit different. By default, I have all pages set to load in the background, as I often find myself doing searches, or clicking on a lot of links to look at later.

The issue arrises when I'm browsing a webpage, then enter something into the search window, which is set to open a new page for search results. I have it set to google search if it matters. The search page loads in the background as it should, and the page I was viewing stays in the foreground. The problem is, on the tab selection bar, the search is now the active window, no matter how much I scroll around or click on things on the page. So I'm viewing the web page, I'm done looking at it, and I hit the X in the corner to close the active page, but instead of closing the page I'm looking at, it closes the new search that had been created in the background.

This seems very similar to the topic post, just the opposite.

I've been using avant for a long while, and have never had this problem in previous version.

IE 6 fully updated, XP Pro SP2 fully updated.

Edit: I'll try build 10, Avant browser says build 9 is the latest, but the homepage doesn't agree. Hopefully 10 stops wiping out my settings everytime I reboot.

ADukes
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 19
IE Version: Internet Explorer 7

Re: New Tabs Not Receiving Focus in 11.5b8

Post by ADukes » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:56 am

I can confirm it, but open a new topic in the bug report section for your issue.
Thanks Anderson for checking out my AB 11.0 feature request list,
now it's time to go on with 11.8:

http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?t=16116
Windows XP SP2, IE7, AB 11.7 build 19