iGoogle - CPU load

Help issues and Bug Reports for the current version that have been corrected can be found here. Only staff members may move threads to this forum.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

ghelan
Avant Version:

iGoogle - CPU load

Post by ghelan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:45 pm

I'm Avant Browser user for many years and I like it. But a couple of months ago I discovered a problem opening iGoogle (my google homepage): the CPU is loaded up to 45%. No Internet Explorer or Firefox do the same. I thought the problem in my laptop (1.8Ghz Turion), but my new computer (Intel E4300) have the same problem. Even my office computer (Intel E6300) slowing down. Also closing page with iGoogle blocking my computers for 10-15 seconds.

I really don't want to change the browser or switch from google and I would appreciate if somebody can give me a few advices how to fix that bug.

Thanks

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8

Post by abfan123 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:38 pm

Hello,
Please provide some more details regarding your system such as your Windows and IE version and your Avant Browser's version and build (Please go to Help>About Avant Browser...)
Also,I've never heard of "iGoogle". Can you please provide a link?
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

ghelan
Avant Version:

Re: iGoogle - CPU load

Post by ghelan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:25 pm

Hi,

Windows XP SP2 + all updates; Internet Explorer both 6 and 7; Avant Browser version 11 build 8 (old version of Avant had the same problems).

About iGoogle: I can't provide the link because this is my private homepage :) Bit if you have Google account, open http://www.google.com and sign in. Then you have choice of: 1.Classic Home (typical Google page) or 2.iGoogle (gadgets on your page: weather, calendar, rss reader, gmail and etc.).

Just discovered:
1. Switching on classic home view doesn't load CPU (but I need iGoogle)

2. The CPU is load than I open iGoogle by "AutoFill" menu. But if I just type http://www.google.com or open from bookmarks and sign in manually CPU is not loaded.

Ok, so now I know - problem in Autofill - I will open iGoogle from bookmarks.

Thank you, your questions helped me to solve the problem and I'm still Avant fan :)[/img]

ghelan
Avant Version:

Post by ghelan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:34 pm

I just deleted iGoogle from autofill and added again. It's working and no CPU is loaded. Oh my god, it was so easy!

Sorry for taking your time and thank you very much!!!

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:42 pm

Odd solution, but glad to hear that it worked. ;)

Moved to the Resolved forum. - hornakapopolis