Sound wav doesn't work with popup blocker

Help issues and Bug Reports for the current version that have been corrected can be found here. Only staff members may move threads to this forum.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

megatrends
Avant Version:

Sound wav doesn't work with popup blocker

Post by megatrends » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:27 am

Hiya my audio wav sound doesn't sound off when popups are closed. It has been this way for several Avant browser versions now. I have used Avant for a few years now and love it still and this started maybe a year ago.

Avant popup blocker audio works on my other PCs here but not on my laptop.

My laptop is an Acer 5315 series and has Vista home basic 32 bit for an OS. Everything audio works fine elsewhere and I do mean everything .... just not the popup block sound. I have tried using my own audio in a 1 second soundbyte.

Not a huge problem and honestly it won't kill me if this isn't figured out.

I am rather tech savvy and am kind of stumped because i see no reason for this. i have tried an uninstall and reinstall with no luck either. other than this I have no issues with Avant and everything works great in this newest version I am using which is Version 2011 Build 27

Thanks in advance :)

megatrends
Avant Version:

Re: Sound wav doesn't work with popup blocker

Post by megatrends » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:45 am

Oh also I am sure that the appropiate places on the menu to have sounds played are checked.

megatrends
Avant Version:

Post by megatrends » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:37 am

Ok update .... i think it is NOt your browser doing this.

I went into the audio settings in control panel and can see a checkmark in the box for popup sounds but it is faint and i cannot uncheck it. Looks like a glitchy in my OS.

My other PCs I can uncheck the box and the popup sounds work fine in Avant there on those other PCs.

Sorry for the post, ..... now to fix mah laptop so the sound works.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:09 pm

Glad you fixed it that would drive me insane. :wave: :thumbup:

megatrends
Avant Version:

Post by megatrends » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 am

Well I am back to say the sound still does not work in Avant for the popup blocker in my setup.

I am dumfounded because it works in IE9 on this thing now.

Okay if I go to "control Panel", sound. then "sounds tab on that and the the popup blocker sound file for windows which I changed to my own wav that I used to use in Avant before and it works there.

In IE9 the popup wav works.

i went into "tools" in avant browser chose "internet Options" then the "privacy" tab and chose setting for the popup blocker. "Play sound for a popup blocker" is checked.

All other audio on this computer works. i have 2 other PCs and the audio works for the popup blocker.

I'm confused, this isn't a new glitch I just shoved it aside through a few Avant versions now.

One thing I did do was to go into the advanced tab in Internet Options and checked the box for "accessability" which restored the popup sound for IE9 because previously that didn;t work either but now it does ..... didn't fix it for Avant though. is there a data setting I can change or something in the prgram files for Avant for this?

The audio and popup blocker work everywhere else but Avant now.

I use a Vista Home Basic 32bit Avant version 2011 Build 27 not that it matters as this has been going on for a few different Avant browser versions. This is kind of irritating me and has for about 1 and a half years so.

megatrends
Avant Version:

Post by megatrends » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:15 pm

At this point I'm pretty sure my issue is with Windows. I should nopt have to checkmark "Play System sounds" in the settings for Accessibility in the advanced tab in Internet Options.

I literally have tried everything that should do it and got nothing. It does work in IE9 though and didn't before checking the checkmark I just mentioned. I'm pretty puzzled since IE and Avant are so tied into one another it should work in both and not just one.

Kooky.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Hey bro if you are sure it is windows do you have your os disk if so you may have to format that computer.Or you can select repair windows . I think you can get there by pressing f 8 repeatedly while you start up. I guess you know this. :)

megatrends
Avant Version:

Post by megatrends » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:19 am

AXEMAN wrote:Hey bro if you are sure it is windows do you have your os disk if so you may have to format that computer.Or you can select repair windows . I think you can get there by pressing f 8 repeatedly while you start up. I guess you know this. :)

Yeah I know that .... been busy.