Browser Options

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

kanuck
Windows Version: XP PRO SP2
Avant Version: 11.5
IE Version: 7

Browser Options

Post by kanuck » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:54 am

Since ORCA is based on both Avant and Firefox, it should import the browser options and other settings already defined on both browsers if they are installed. An example would to import automatically all URL aliases defined in AVANT browser options... to re-enter all the information is a pain in the neck!! It should also import addons and extension I have in firefox...

Skogskatt80
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 11.7
IE Version: 6

Re: Browser Options

Post by Skogskatt80 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:53 pm

Exactly!! :thumbup:

Will this be possible in next version? Anyone knows?

statm1
Windows Version: Windows 8/7
Avant Version: 2012 Build 181
IE Version: 10

Post by statm1 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:40 pm

Importing extensions from Firefox? Umm, that might be possible. But to be clear the only thing Orca and Firefox have in common is the rendering engine that Firefox uses thats pretty much it. The rest of it comes from Avant. Granted in the future features might be migrated from Firefox into Orca but it will never be a Firefox clone like Flock or Netscape.

As for importing Avant profiles, I think would be alittle harder to do since a Orca Profile has more to it then Avant. But who knows..

@Kanuck: I notice you are still using Avant 11.5 if your profile is true.. Out of curiousity what has made you stick with such an old version?
-- Matt --

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8

Post by abfan123 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:46 pm

The first time I've installed the new orca, I've logged in to the online storage with my Avant's login details and it have imported all the settings just fine.
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.