Preload URLs

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

search53
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Preload URLs

Post by search53 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:22 pm

I have a text file that contains a list of URLs (one URL per line) that I'd like to load into Orca. I know I can copy & paste from the text file into the address bar... but is there a faster & easier way to accomplish the same thing?

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Re: Preload URLs

Post by AXEMAN » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:27 pm

wells i will try to answer this if you go to your fav i have all mine in there. Then not all users but your name i believe documents and settings your name you have all your favs i have mine on the side bar . then in your fav folder you will find all your faves and you can copy them look at edit at the top of screen in your faves or where ever you have select select all then they will all turn blue send then with right click send them where you want them to go or the same for your text .You can again edit at the top with text opem then with edit select all sent then to where you want. I hope this helps you works for me :)

search53
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by search53 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:45 pm

Thank you for the reply. I found another way... Using an editor that has search and replace, I searched for:
http
and replaced it with

Code: Select all

<a href="http
I then searched for .com and replaced it with

.com">X </a>
Top it with

<html>
<body>
Place the following at the bottom:

</body>
</html>
Save it with a filename ending with .htm... and voila, I've got a local webpage. All I have to do is click on the file in explorer which loads it into Orca, then in Orca click on each of the X's on my webpage and all the URL's get loaded. :)

I know it may sound complicated, but it took longer to explain it than it did to actually do it. :D

Billy Tee
Windows Version: XP sp 2
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 18
IE Version: 6.0.2900

Post by Billy Tee » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:47 am

That was a good fix, another way would have been to open the text file with word, and save it as a word file. most urls can be opened in word by holding the Crl key whilst left clicking on them.