Moving AB settings from one computer to another?

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

mudshark
Avant Version:

Moving AB settings from one computer to another?

Post by mudshark » Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:37 am

I am switching computers and have AB installed on my old and new computers, and was wondering if there was a way to export the program settings for AB.  I want to do this specifically because of how AB handles the ordering of favorites.  AB resorts favorites the first time it starts up, and I want to preserve the order of my bajillion bookmarks that I already sorted in AB on my previous computer.  Is there some file I can just copy over, or do I have to resort everything again?  If i have to resort everything again, could you provide some more insight as why this is the case? (like how does AB store the order of favorites, in the registry, a file, etc...)

Both computers are Win2k SP4 if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Re: Moving AB settings from one computer to anothe

Post by bigC » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:11 am

Looks like those setting are in C://Windows/Application Data/Avant Browser/

I think you can just copy and move those files and maintain everything. I would wait for one of the mods to confirm this though.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:15 am

Or could be in c:\documents and settings\username\application data\avant browser for Win2K, I have ME.

batigolaso
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by batigolaso » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:02 am

as bigc said, it's in c:\documents and settings\username\application data\avant browser...the file you want is abrowser.ini. Try it and let us know how it goes.
"In a minute there is time for decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse." -The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock