Finnish translation

Discuss translating issues and ideas here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

jhu
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Finnish translation

Post by jhu » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:27 pm

I have started updating the Finnish translation of AB11. Should anyone be willing to contribute (spell-checking etc), I'd be more than happy for any assistance (please PM me). I'm using the old AB10 translation as a base translation and I'll be filling in the blanks (80% done).

Edit: Here's link to the finished translation updated: http://rapidshare.com/files/2193126/fin.lng.html
Edit2: Updated translation on 11-06-06, please re-download if you have previous version!
Last edited by jhu on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bovirus
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Avant Version:

Post by bovirus » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:21 pm

Use the Ini Translòator as describer in the sticky.
It can help you to check the real contents of the translation. Open english master file, open your translation and you can check which text strings are untranslated.

jhu
Avant Version:

Post by jhu » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:08 am

bovirus wrote:Use the Ini Translòator as describer in the sticky.
It can help you to check the real contents of the translation. Open english master file, open your translation and you can check which text strings are untranslated.
I started using Ini Translator right from the start. A wonderful utility. As you can see from my edited post, I already finished udating the translation, so at the moment anyone is free to download the lng-file and put it in their AB\Lang folder. Should I wait for comments from other Finnish people or do I email the lng-file directly to Anderson? Any suggestions?

Sergei
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by Sergei » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:16 pm

I would wait a couple of days to see if there are any comments, and go ahead if there aren't.
My Cartoons
:
IE7 ][ Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 ][ Avast! Antivirus ][ Kerio Firewall ][ DSL

MJH
Avant Version:

Re: Finnish translation

Post by MJH » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:18 pm

Is there finnish translation for AB 11.5 build 9?

jhu
Avant Version:

Re: Finnish translation

Post by jhu » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:14 am

MJH wrote:Is there finnish translation for AB 11.5 build 9?
The 11.0 translation works mostly fine, although Anderson has opted to leave it out from the current version. You can restore the 11.0 fin.lng file by reinstalling the previous version, copying the file from the Avant Browser installation folder (Lang-subfolder) to a safe location. Then install the newest version and copy the lng-file to Avant Browser Lang-folder.

I'll try to update the Finnish language version ASAP.