Moderators: André, AvantGuard

dieAOLdie
Windows Version: xp
Avant Version: 11
IE Version: 6

Avant nearly perfect for me except.....

Post by dieAOLdie » Sat May 17, 2008 2:24 pm

Hi all!

Hope you like the name :D After a year long battle with aol I've finally left. I said they were capping my 8mb service, they said they weren't and my line could only recieve 2mb. Went to a different ISP yesterday and my speed doubled overnight!
So I'm on the hunt for a new browser, I've tried FF, safari and now Advent.

I have dual monitors, it's probably easiest for me to explain how I had things set up in aol...

I had aol maximised across the monitors I then opened a floating window which I sized to fill the right hand monitor, there's a setting that says 'remember window size and position' - click that. Whenever I click on a link or favourite it opens in the right monitor.
So I would open google say, move it to the left monitor and any links I click in google open in the right window, perfect (for me).
In advent if you open two tabs and go to window>tile vertically that's what I'm looking for
Is there any way to keep the windows in this position?

Thanks

DAD (lol)

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Re: Avant nearly perfect for me except.....

Post by Jasmine » Mon May 19, 2008 8:25 am

You mean open and fix the popup window in the right side of the current monitor or the other monitor?
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

dieAOLdie

Post by dieAOLdie » Mon May 19, 2008 6:34 pm

Exactly that :wink:

dieAOLdie

Post by dieAOLdie » Tue May 20, 2008 1:54 am

Sorry, misread, I think remembering the window/tab position within the interface is what I mean. When you click 'tile vertically' the pages are no longer tabs, they're windows within the interface/program shell. As I have my desktop extended to both monitors and drag the application so it covers both it's not a new instance of avant, it's the memory of a window in avant I'm after

Hope that helps clear it up (more than my last response anyway! ;) )