Moderators: André, AvantGuard

dieAOLdie
Windows Version: xp
Avant Version: 11
IE Version: 6

Shed some light please

Post by dieAOLdie » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:57 pm

Hi,

I've got a wierd problem, when I first installed avant it was super quick at loading webpages, then it got a bit hit and miss, sometimes it was ok, others it wasn't, sometimes I had to restart my router then it was ok. Things got progressively worse until it was unusable. (pages load halfway then I get the "oops we couldn't open www...... message)
I reinstalled the latest version and reset all the tweaks I had done to my router trying to get avant to work. It was fine again, for a few hours, now it's gone back to being sooo slow!

I installed firefox and pages load fine in that, I've cleared my cache, deleted all files inc. offline content. Only a select few cookies. I've run adaware, avg, spybot and mcafee, so no viruses or dodgy cookies hiding anywhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why it's running so slow?

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8

Re: Shed some light please

Post by abfan123 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:16 pm

Hello,
Do you have the same problem with IE?
Also, Please check the setting under Tools>Proxy
"Connect Directly" is the recommended setting in case if you're not using any proxy servers to connect the internet.
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

dieAOLdie
Windows Version: xp
Avant Version: 11
IE Version: 6

Re: Shed some light please

Post by dieAOLdie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:36 pm

Thanks for the reply, I've been doing a bit of searching on the board and found that solution, so connect directly is selected but hasn't helped. But I think restarting the router is the key, that sorts out the browsing, downloading is always fine even if I'm in 'slow mode'. It's a weird one, don't know where to look to sort this out..... :(