ronnycopeh
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
Avant Version: 2010 build 3
IE Version: 8

Web Guard installation

Post by ronnycopeh » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:45 am

I am using spyware terminator and it has a feature similair to WOT called Web Security Guard , part of their crawler toolbar, I can installed on IE8 and Firefox but Avant(primary) won't let me installed or run it. Is there anyway I can installed it? Are there still selected toolbars that avant will only allow? any help is appreciated. I just like to be warns sometimes of potential dangerous sites and given a choice. thanks for any help in advance.http://forum.spywareterminator.com/Defa ... sts&t=6360
Windows 7 Ultimate, Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10, Windows mail, IE9, 8GB Ram, 25 megs DSL,
750g HD, Avast Internet Security , Winpatrol Plus, Spywareblaster, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

"Worry about nothing, Pray about anything and Thank God for everything"

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Re: Web Guard installation

Post by bigC » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:22 pm

Is it enabled under Tools > Avant Browser Options > Addons

ronnycopeh
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by ronnycopeh » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:28 pm

Thanks so much for the reply but I am aware of that, I installed and it was listed in add-on, I checked it and went to view>toolbar and check it there and nothing, so I restarted avant and it was uncheck and nothing happened. So what now? thank again. some toolbars work where other don't, I wonder why?
Windows 7 Ultimate, Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10, Windows mail, IE9, 8GB Ram, 25 megs DSL,
750g HD, Avast Internet Security , Winpatrol Plus, Spywareblaster, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:39 pm

ronnycopeh wrote:Thanks so much for the reply but I am aware of that, I installed and it was listed in add-on, I checked it and went to view>toolbar and check it there and nothing, so I restarted avant and it was uncheck and nothing happened. So what now? thank again. some toolbars work where other don't, I wonder why?
So after you restarted AB the box was no longer selected?

ronnycopeh
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by ronnycopeh » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:52 pm

yes, just reinstalled it again and works good on IE8 and firefox and block a site complete with a red notice but gives you the option to proceed if you desire, but Avant wouldn't even load the bar even after I check the toolbar and dll in add-on and then check it in view. Thanks so much, maybe in a later version some site advisor will work like WOT.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:26 pm

ronnycopeh wrote:yes, just reinstalled it again and works good on IE8 and firefox and block a site complete with a red notice but gives you the option to proceed if you desire, but Avant wouldn't even load the bar even after I check the toolbar and dll in add-on and then check it in view. Thanks so much, maybe in a later version some site advisor will work like WOT.
Hello buds i have found along time ago that useing spyware terminator and it has a feature similair to WOT called Web Security Guard , part of their spyware terminator and it has a feature similair to WOT called Web Security Guard , part of their crawler toolbar. especialy spyware terminator and it has a feature similair to WOT called Web Security Guard , part of their crawler toolbar causes all kinds of problems. I believe i had the version with antivirus in scans there were always false posatives creating alot of problems.I as well use avant and firefox with firefox i use WOT, great program. However i could never get it to work in avant . :)

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:42 pm

I can confirm that the Crawler toolbar (which is where Web Guard resides) does not display correctly in Avant - I just get a grey bar.

OT: Have you considered using OpenDNS to protect your web content?

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

ronnycopeh
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by ronnycopeh » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:26 am

yes I use opendns but don't have it set to protect but I guess I will , thanks