64 bit vista issue with avant 11.7 build 35 and prior build

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

piercet
Windows Version: 7 Ultimate x64 W/ SP1
Avant Version: latest build.
IE Version: 9

64 bit vista issue with avant 11.7 build 35 and prior build

Post by piercet » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:15 am

In windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit, with Internet Explorer 7 or 8 as a base, if multiple startup pages are specified, avant browser opens all pages correctly, but the scroll bar and back and forward buttons are non functional until you click on a different tab and then back again. Also. closing that page will close "a" page, but not the page you are currently viewing. For example:

if you have tabs:
1 |2 | 3

Tab 3 will be the one that loads with the scroll bars and forward and back buttons disabled, and pressing the close button on tab 3 will actually close tab 2.

I have reinstalled several times and even tried a reload for an unrelated reason. The same builds work correctly on Vista 32 bit ultimate. I only have one 64 bit machine at the moment to test this on.

This bug was not present until maybe 2 revisions ago (only appeared in the last 2-3 weeks)

I'd be happy to provide logs or any other information that would be useful to track this down. Thanks!

piercet
Windows Version: 7 Ultimate x64 W/ SP1
Avant Version: latest build.
IE Version: 9

Re: 64 bit vista issue with avant 11.7 build 35 and prior build

Post by piercet » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:53 am

For the record, this is still a problem, and furthermore I can confirm it is also a problem in Windows 7 64 bit, which i am now running on 2 machines with completely different hardware.

Avant functions correctly on those machines with a 32 bit operating system, the problem only ocurs in 64 bit on initial load. Please, i would be more than happy to provide any needed information, a test platform, etc. whatever you need to get this fixed. its been like this for months and its driving me crazy!

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8

Re: 64 bit vista issue with avant 11.7 build 35 and prior build

Post by abfan123 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:06 pm

Just tested on Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 and Windows 7 RTM x64 and couldn't confirm.
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.